Seattle Chamber Music Society

James Ehnes, Artistic Director

Your Cart (
0
)

Individual Giving //

Thank you, in advance, for making the most generous gift you can in support of our work!

Make your donation online >>

Founded in 1982 under the artistic leadership of Toby Saks, Seattle Chamber Music Society (SCMS) is now in its 36th Season with Artistic Director James Ehnes. Each year, SCMS brings extraordinary chamber music to new and long-time audience members alike at our Winter and Summer Festivals at the Illsley Ball Nordstrom Recital Hall at Benaroya Hall. Additionally, as an important part of our mission, SCMS brings education and community engagement programs to people within our community.

With nearly a $1.1 million budget, about 40% comes from ticket and other earned revenue and the other 60% comes from donations, including important contributions from individuals. We count on the financial support of donors like you to make all of this work possible—the superb concerts, the world-class musicians, the free pre-concert recitals, the family concerts and community engagement programs and more.

We value your investment. SCMS has a solid history of being fiscally responsible and has never carried an accumulated deficit.

Your gift will play an important part in funding all of the magnificent concerts and innovative programs of the Seattle Chamber Music Society.  Every gift makes a difference. Thank you, in advance, for your generous support.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 206.283.8710.


In thanks for your generosity, we are pleased to offer the following:

Cadenza ($10,000 or more)
All Vivace benefits plus…

  • Invitation to a private dinner with Artistic Director James Ehnes
  • Complimentary, personalized special gift
  • Invitation for 2 to attend one complimentary SCMS house concert event
  • Sponsor listing on program concert page and program notes for one Festival concert

Vivace ($5,000 to $9,999)
All Capriccio benefits plus…

  • Invitation to an exclusive private recital event by Artistic Director James Ehnes
  • Invitation to attend a private rehearsal
  • Invitation to a private rehearsal day lunch Festival musicians
  • Complimentary, signed copy of special CD
  • Complimentary parking for your Winter Festival subscription performances

Capriccio ($2,500 to $4,999)
All Fortissimo benefits plus…

  • Complimentary parking downtown for your Summer Festival subscription performances
  • Invitation to a private, post-concert dinner with Summer Festival musicians
  • Complimentary, signed new CD from Violist Richard O’Neill
  • Advance copy of complete Summer Festival 2017 Program Notes

Fortissimo ($1,750 to $2,499)
All Accelerando benefits plus…

  • Complimentary copy of the new Ehnes Quartet CD featuring Schubert String Quartet in D minor, D. 810, “Death and the Maiden”, and Sibelius String Quartet Op. 56., “Voces Intimae”
  • Invitation to attend the Summer Festival Closing Night party with Festival musicians

Accelerando ($1,000 to $1,749)
All Rondo benefits plus…

  • Priority Seating for Summer Festival subscriptions received before April 14, 2017 or
    Winter Festival subscriptions received by October 27, 2017
  • Invitation to a special event with Artistic Director James Ehnes
  • Invitation to a special event featuring the young musician award winners of the Clowes Memorial Award
  • Invitation to observe a Masterclass led by an SCMS Musician
  • Copy of Seattle Chamber Music Society’s Annual Report

Rondo ($500 to $999)
All Presto benefits plus…

  • Preferred Seating for Summer Festival subscriptions received by April 14, 2017 or
    Winter Festival subscriptions received by October 27, 2017
  • Invitation to a Winter Festival reception with Winter Festival musicians
  • Certificate for one complimentary glass of wine or concession item at Tuxedos and Tennis Shoes catering in the Nordstrom Recital Hall lobby
  • Early Bird Subscription opportunity to purchase subscription tickets before the general public

Presto ($300 to $499)
All Allegretto benefits plus…

  • A beautiful 2017 calendar featuring SCMS musicians or SCMS souvenir gift

Allegretto ($150 to $299)
All Andante benefits plus…

  • 10% discount on all of our fantastic Festival Shop CDs and merchandise
  • Recognition in the Winter Festival program book

Andante ($50 to $149)

  • Invitation to Summer Festival open rehearsals
  • Recognition in the Summer Festival program book
  • Recognition in the Annual Report

Fair Market values
Your gift is tax-deductible, minus the fair market value of benefits received by you as a donor. Fair market values by giving level: Andante $0; Allegretto $0; Presto $0; Rondo $22; Accelerando $37; Fortissimo $72; Capriccio $171; Vivace $283; Cadenza $388.


SCMS 2017 Annual Fund Brochure